Magene RIDGE Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power Meter: Details // Install // Data Review
The Magene Ridge Shimano Ultegra R8000 single sided power meter. A direct measurement strain gauge based power meter that’s cheap, reportedly accurate, and kind of accessible…. ‘Kind of’ as you won’t typically find them in your local bike shop unless you’re in China. Here’s my take on the unit and the data after a few 100kms of use indoors and out. Please SUBSCRIBE to support this YouTube channel:
– Type: Single Sided Power Crank (Shimano Ultegra R8000)
– Compatibility: Shimano Cranksets / Road
– Power Source: Battery CR2032
– Battery Life: 400hrs (claimed)
– ANT+, Bluetooth Smart.
– Power Accuracy: +/-1.5%
– Max wattage: 3000W
– Cadence Range: 20-240rpm (accelerometer / no magnet required)
– Active Temperature Compensation: n/a… not sure…
– Operating Temperature: -10 to +50 degrees Celsius
– Weight: +14g to crank arm.
– Waterproofing Certification: IP67
– Firmware upgradable: Magene App (Bluetooth)
– Frame Compatibility: The distance between the crank on the left side and the rear chain stay is more than 8mm
– Pricing / Availability: US$269/AUD$380. Mail Order (Aliexpress, etc).
– Support: Phone #, Support Email
Magene Ridge Official Site:
#cycling #powermeter #sports